by Raymond Ibrahim, December 18, 2016, Gatestone Institute
[A note from Bishop Benedict-Johns: The author, Raymond Ibrahim, has compiled a comprehensive list of atrocities committed against Christians across the world, just in the month of September 2016! The bulleted points below are just a few examples Ibrahim cites in his article, the complete text of which may be viewed at https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9574/crescent-above-cross Also at the bottom of the page cited by this URL there are links to atrocities against Christians cited in previous months. A real eye opener for those of us fortunate enough to live in America where we are not killed or arrested for our faith.]
- Three Christians were sentenced to be flogged for sipping wine during a communion Mass. “In a shock move,” however, “oppressive officials in Tehran have charged the three with ‘acting against national security’ for taking part in the Christian ritual.” — Iran.
- “One begins to wonder if Catholic priests have become an endangered species.” Clergyman discussing latest murder of priest. — Nigeria.
- “We are at a breaking point. People can’t put up with any more of this.” — Christian bishop, Egypt.
- “They said all Christians should be killed. They said we were evil demons and made Pakistan impure.” — Christian survivor of Muslim mob attack, Pakistan.
- Officials arrested 27 Christians — including several women and children — for the crime of “conducting Christian prayers” and being “in possession of Bibles.” — Saudi Arabia.
Read the rest of this at the Gatestone Institute